We care about your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy statement will inform you how we handle your personal data and your privacy rights. Please read this privacy statement carefully before using our Services.
- What data do we collect about you?
- Why do we process your personal information?
- How will we inform you about changes in our privacy statement?
- Communication and marketing
- Who do we share your data with?
- Technical and organisational measures and processing security
- Links to third-party websites
Platform means the websites, mobile apps, mobile sites or other online properties through which we offer our Services.
What data do we collect about you?
1.1 Data provided through direct interactions
We collect the following general types of information about You when You visit our Website: personal information, demographic information, behavioural information, and indirect information.
Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual. This includes but not is limited to Name, Contact number, Email Address, Temporary and Permanent addresses and similar details for secondary contacts; and any other information that can be used to identify you.
1.2 Data we collect automatically when you use of our Services
When you interact with our Platform or use our Services, we automatically collect the following information about you:
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Why do we process your personal information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To provide our services. This includes providing communications (announcements and periodic newsletters), promotions and information on events which may be of interest to You.
- To send updates on the Information you have requested like job vacancies, matching candidates, alerts etc.
- To respond to any queries you may have and to communicate information to you. These include sending you e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the website to contact you about your opinion of current products and/or services or potential new products and/or services that may be offered.
- To operate and improve the website in order to foster a positive user experience.
- To comply with the applicable laws; and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
In certain circumstances, we may also process your personal data based on your consent. If we do this, we will let you know the purpose and the category of personal data to be processed at the time we seek your consent.
We have set out below a description of the ways we use your personal data, [and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate].
How will we inform you about changes in our privacy statement?
We may amend this privacy statement from time to time. We will post changes on this page and will let you know by e-mail or through our Platform. If you do not agree with the changes, you may close your account by going to account setting and select delete account.
Communication and marketing
We will communicate with you by email, SMS, call or in app notification in connection with our Services/Platform in relation to our Services. As it is imperative for us to provide you such transactional messages you may not be able to opt -out of such messages.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you:
- have requested such information from us;
- our Platform or Services;
- provided us with your details when you entered a competition; or
- registered for a promotion.
Who do we share your data with?
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in section 3 above.
Corporate affiliates – we may share your data with other Kolkata16.com group companies who help us in providing business operation services such as product enhancements, customer support and fraud detection mechanism.
Third Party Service Providers: We use third party service providers to help us deliver certain aspect of our Services.
We conduct checks on our third-party service providers and require them to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow them to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Advertising and analytics providers: In order to improve our Services, we will sometimes share your non-identifiable information with analytics providers that help us analyse how people are using our Platform/Service. We share your information with them in non identifiable form for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of the campaign delivery to our business partners and for internal business analysis.
Law enforcement authorities, regulators and others: We may disclose your personal data to law enforcement authorities, regulators, governmental or public bodies and other relevant third parties to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
We may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy statement.
Technical and organisational measures and processing security
All the information we receive about you are stored on secure servers and we have implemented technical and organisational measures that are suitable and necessary to protect your personal data. Kolkata16.com continually evaluates the security of its network and adequacy of its internal information security program which is designed to (a) help secure your data against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure, (b) identify reasonably foreseeable risks to the security of the Kolkata16.com network, and (c) minimize security risks, including through risk assessment and regular testing. In addition, we ensure that all payment data are encrypted using SSL technology.
Please note, despite the measures we have implemented to protect your data, the transfer of data through the Internet or other open networks is never completely secure and there is a risk that your personal data may be accessed by unauthorised third parties.
Links to third-party websites